If you’re worried about what the new year has in store for you and how you’ll stay on track with your objectives while simultaneously coping with the ongoing COVID-19 epidemic, online counseling can be a practical and economical option.
Online therapy may be a more accessible avenue to continuous assistance for people who can’t afford to visit a therapist, suffer from agoraphobia or other anxiety disorders, or are afraid to embrace the experience.
Furthermore, it may be quite beneficial for persons who have mobility challenges or who just live too far away from a professional therapist to make it feasible.
Best Online Therapy Site of 2022
Find an online therapist for your depression symptoms
- Price:$160-$320 per month
- App Available: No
- Platforms:Video, audio, text messaging
- Insurance:No, but you can request a receipt if you want to seek reimbursement for out-of-network costs from your health insurance company
Why We Chose It
- Discounted first month
- Easy-to-navigate site
- Therapists bios available online
- Doesn’t take insurance
- Can’t choose your own therapist
- Does not offer medication management
Anxiety can manifest itself in a variety of ways, such as social anxiety disorder (SAD), illness anxiety disorder (IAD), and public speaking anxiety (PSA). One of the few online counseling providers that recognizes this and designs its services accordingly is Online-Therapy.com.
Not only do the therapists at Online-Therapy.com specialize in a well-known anxiety treatment approach, but they’re also available to help you from anywhere in the United States. Although the firm does not have an app, its website outlines how to join up and what services are accessible once you do.
Even their most basic plan includes their toolbox feature, which contains worksheets, self-help films like as yoga and meditation, activity schedules, and a notebook to help you track your treatment experience.
- Cost: $260 to $400 per month
- Accepts Insurance: Yes
- Number of Therapists and Prescribers: Thousands
Why We Chose It
For kids dealing with a variety of mental health difficulties, Talkspace has dedicated online therapy.
- Offers therapy and medication management services
- In-network with some insurances
- Contact therapist at any time in a number of ways
- Several subscription plans available
- Can only choose from therapists you’re matched with
- No therapist bios prior to signing up
- Some services can be cost prohibitive
- Can’t prescribe controlled substances
Because Talkspace has been operating for over a decade, its clinicians are experts at assisting you with your mental health from the comfort of your own home. However, you may not be aware that the firm also provides specialist teen counseling.
Therapists are required to keep all talks private, so they cannot discuss sessions with parents unless the kid expresses his or her consent (or the therapist believes the child is in danger). This gives them greater flexibility to communicate about what’s actually hurting them without having to self-censor for fear of getting in trouble, which can be extremely upsetting and anxiety-inducing.
Usability: When someone is depressed or anxious, the last thing they want to do is cope with a difficult-to-navigate online counseling platform.
Quality of care: It was critical for me to work with a therapist who had valid clinical psychology training.
Price: Brightside costs $249 for the first month of the Therapy or Therapy + Medication programs, followed by $299 and $349 each month thereafter.
Brightside health is an online therapy platform that provides medication and therapy to people who need it. The main goal of Brightside is to help people feel better and stay that way. Anxiety and depression therapy that works – Get a 50% discount on your first month – Consult with physicians, have your medicines delivered, and speak with a therapist all in one location.
- Online Therapy
- Self Care/Lifestyle
- Anxiety & Depression Medication
- Does Not Accept Insurance
Did you know that 40 million individuals in the United States suffer from sadness and anxiety each year? Because of a lack of access, price, and cultural stigmas that make individuals unwilling to seek adequate medical treatment, less than half of those 40 million people receive the essential medical care they require.
Brightside Health is an online treatment company that helps those in need with drugs and counseling. Brightside’s main mission is to help individuals feel better and stay that way. People worry if Brightside Health is legitimate. At Brightside, 83 percent of members begin to feel better after 12 weeks.
Brightside customers adore how simple it is to get individualized therapy for depression and anxiety. On top of feeling like you’re their only patient, Brightside makes it inexpensive to chat to an expert from the comfort of your own home.
Calmerry’s messaging-only plan is a cost-effective solution for consumers in all 50 states to get treatment, and the clear majority of customers polled said they would suggest the site to others.
- Schedule live sessions as needed
- Multiple subscription plans
- Licensed therapists
- Multiple ways to communicate
- Customer support via phone, email, and private portal
- Available in all 50 states
- Good resources available on website
- Discounted first month
- Matched with therapists by Calmerry staff, not an algorithm
- No free trials
- You do not choose your therapist
- No psychiatrists or medication management
- Live sessions are on the shorter side
- Must create an account to see subscription prices
- Only offers individual therapy
- Misleading website