Brightside is an online mental health organization that offers therapy for a variety of anxiety and depression-related conditions. Major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, insomnia, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), social anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and other mental illnesses are among them.
In this post, we’ll look at Brightside and its anxiety and depression treatment options. If you’re having suicidal thoughts or a mental health emergency, dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately away.
People weren’t able to obtain the aid they needed at first (therapy, psychiatry, and basic doctor care). People were in desperate need of assistance. That’s where telemedicine and telepsychiatry came in. Companies such as Brightside have sprung up to help individuals find the treatment they require. And Brightside is unquestionably a leader in the field.
But before we get into Brightside’s offering, let’s take a look at some of the most frequent causes of anxiety and depression, how to determine when it’s time to seek help, and how to locate the best therapy. Skip through to our head-to-head comparison chart if you’re short on time.
What is Brightside?
Mimi Winsberg, a former Facebook psychiatrist with over 25 years of experience, is one of Brightside’s three founders. Brightside was founded with the goal of combining the worlds of technology, data, and psychiatry. It is currently one of the most economical online therapy + psychiatry providers available.
Brightside Doctors use their patented BrightfinderTM and Your PathTM technology to take a data-driven approach to design your treatment plan so that you get better quicker.
While virtual therapy platforms (such as Talkspace and Betterhelp) have been available for a while, it’s becoming harder to find firms that provide both treatment and prescription support at a reasonable price.
- Usability: When someone is depressed or anxious, the last thing they want to do is cope with a difficult-to-use online counseling platform. Brightside was friendly and simple to use.
- Quality of care: Having a therapist with valid clinical psychology expertise was vital to me. Brightside has a talented team of therapists and doctors on staff that can help you with your problems.
- Brightside’s Therapy and Therapy + Medication plans cost $249 for the first month, then $299 and $349 each month, respectively.
Why We Like Them
- The therapists were caring, smart, and easy to talk to, and they provided coping methods that were quite beneficial.
- The therapy sessions focus on the current issues you’re facing, with an emphasis on the emotions you’re experiencing and how you can reframe how you think about things or what you can do to handle them in more positive ways.
- Although my therapist used cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), she also pushed me to focus on building acceptance in a variety of aspects of my life, which I enjoyed.
how does Brightside work?
- You’ll begin by answering a series of questions, much as with other telepsychiatry firms. This will assist you in deciding if you want to pursue treatment, medicine, or both.
- You’ll be matched with a Doctor, a Therapist, or both based on the findings of this questionnaire and your recommended treatment plan. Your doctor and therapist will be able to better understand your symptoms and get you started on your specific treatment plan once you complete a full video examination.”
- If medicine has been prescribed for you, it will be delivered to your home in a few of days.
- Brightside’s symptom tracker, dubbed Your PathTM, can help you keep track of your mental progress.
Does Brightside take insurance?
Brightside has three pricing options: medication, therapy, and medication and therapy. The monthly package, which includes both treatment and medicine, costs $299 plus $15 per prescription. Brightside does not accept health insurance, althout they accept HSA and FSA contributions are accepted.
What medications does Brightside prescribe?
One thing I’ve observed since starting this blog is that many telemedicine businesses (especially the more well-known ones!) stick to prescribing the same few meds (brand name SSRIs and SNRIs) first, and only useless often prescribed medications as a last option. Brightside doctors, on the other hand, specialize in anxiety and depression, so they have a greater understanding of patients’ symptoms and the drugs that could be most effective for them.
- Amitriptyline / Elavil
- Aripiprazole / Abilify
- Benztropine / Cogentin
- Bupropion / Wellbutrin
- Buspirone / Buspar
- Citalopram / Celexa
- Clomipramine / Anafranil
- Clonidine / Catapres
- Duloxetine / Cymbalta
- Escitalopram / Lexapro
- Fluoxetine / Prozac
- Gabapentin / Neurontin
- Hydroxyzine / Vistaril
- Lamotrigine / Lamictal
- Mirtazapine / Remeron
- Nortriptyline / Pamelor
- Paroxetine / Paxil
- Propranolol / Inderal
- Quetiapine / Seroquel
- Sertraline / Zoloft
- Topiramate / Topamax
- Trazodone / Desyrel
- Venlafaxine / Effexor
Will Brightside prescribe gabapentin?
To help you feel better, your Brightside team will prescribe gabapentin. You may wish to discontinue taking the drug once you notice these favorable results.
Does Brightside prescribe Adderall?
Nonaddictive drugs such as SSRIs and SNRIs are used by Brightside to provide successful therapy. We don’t recommend benzodiazepines like Xanax, Klonopin, or Ativan. If you have a question regarding the medicine that isn’t listed here, contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does Brightside treat bipolar?
Brightside Pricing Options
- Brightside’s Therapy Plan costs $299 a month ($249 for the first month) and includes four 30-minute video sessions and unlimited texting with a certified therapist.
- The Medication Plan costs $95 per month, plus your insurance plan’s prescription copayment.
- The monthly cost of the combined plan (Medication + Therapy) is $349. Some health insurance providers, such as Cigna and some Blue Cross Blue Shield policies, cover the program.
Therapists Communication Methods
Psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, and therapists who work with Brightside have graduated from prestigious medical institutions in the United States, have several years of experience, and are licensed to operate in your state. Based on your geographic area, you are partially matched with a therapist. You don’t get to pick your therapist, but once you’ve begun, you can switch to someone else.
You can listen to audio self-care classes based on CBT concepts, such as examining the advantages of practicing gratitude, depending on social support, practicing mindful breathing, and exercising mental flexibility, in addition to meeting with your therapist.
Brightside Reviews: Mental Health Services
Brightside is an online counseling platform that believes in holistic care and uses a variety of ways to obtain the greatest possible results in the treatment of depression and anxiety. Brightside members have access to a variety of free self-care tools and services. The Brightside Skill Kit and its content assist people in developing skills and resilience in order to foster changes that support their therapy.
Treatment for anxiety and depression at Brightside is divided into three main categories:
Anxiety & Depression Medication
Brightside’s expert doctors give users full therapy, including diagnosis, evaluation, and tailored treatment regimens, including antidepressants. Every month, you will get your prescriptions at your doorstep. The doctor will keep track of your development and offer advice to ensure that you receive the best possible care.
Brightside is a medical and therapeutic service that uses an evidence-based approach, which we believe is their most appealing feature. A treatment plan that is successful and individualized to you is the result of an evidence-based approach.
Each year, an increasing number of individuals suffer from depression and anxiety, resulting in a miserable and unhealthy lifestyle. The availability and cost of appropriate consultation from a doctor or therapist are at the heart of the problem. Brightside makes a significant contribution to the fight against depression by delivering high-quality care at a reasonable cost.
Anyone suffering from depression or anxiety should think about Brightside online therapy as a feasible alternative for receiving professional treatment and medicines.