If you suffer from migraines, you’re well aware that the discomfort can throw your whole day off. These aren’t your typical headaches, and they affect a billion people around the world. Cove, a new telemedicine firm, intends to provide FDA-approved drugs and online doctor consultations to migraine patients. Do Cove’s migraine therapies, on the other hand, genuinely work? And how much do they set you back?
Migraines may be quite debilitating. this neurological illness is in a class by itself. It’s far more than the common headache that millions of people suffer from on a daily basis. Migraines are far more severe than headaches.
Migraines impact around 39 million individuals in the United States and over 1 billion people globally, or almost 10% of the world’s population, according to the Migraine Research Foundation. Migraines are now the world’s third most common ailment.
Migraines are assumed to be genetic, at least to some extent. Researchers have struggled to identify a single universal migraine trigger.
- Hormonal triggers: Migraines can be triggered by changes in hormonal levels, such as those that occur during pregnancy or menstruation.
- Migraines have been related to stress, over-exertion, dehydration, and changes in sleeping habits.
- Certain scents, as well as changes in light, altitude, and pressure, have been known to cause migraines.
Cove, the first telehealth firm specialized in migraine, has quickly expanded to include over 20 clinically validated migraine therapies. Acute and preventive drugs, as well as nutritional supplements, are available from the firm. Cove sends your treatments directly to your house every month, and a professional doctor ensures you’re getting the proper treatment for your requirements.
Overall Rating 8.7 / 10
With a wide range of focused treatment choices and a constant commitment to add the latest medicines to their offers, Cove can address the demands of most migraine patients. Cove’s costs are competitive, and the sign-up procedure, as well as getting examined by one of their migraine specialists and obtaining your medication by mail, is quick and easy.
- A large number of FDA-approved, expert-recommended therapies are available.
- Prescription medications that are effective for both acute pain relief and pain prevention.
- Treatment strategies tailored to your individual needs and migraine history.
- Access to a board-certified migraine expert on an ongoing basis.
- Deliveries that are consistent and ensure that you never run out of medicine.
- Cove is now providing our readers a special 60 percent discount on their first buy.
- Other forms of headaches, such as cluster headaches, are not treated with this medication.
- If your migraines aren’t severe enough to necessitate monthly drug delivery, this isn’t a good option.
- Unless your doctor prescribes specific drugs, such as Nurtec ODT, insurance is not recognized.
- There is just one CGRP monoclonal antibody therapy available.
- Patients under the age of 18 are not eligible.
How Does Cove Work?
Getting started with Cove is a simple process. The following is how it works:
Step 1: Take the quiz
This brief questionnaire is more about setting up your account and creating a baseline of information before a consultation with a Cove doctor than it is about determining whether Cove is suited for you. Almost any combination of responses to its questions will take you to a website where you may sign up for a $4/month subscription and begin your consultation.
Step 2: Complete an online consultation
A basic question-and-answer style will be used for the majority of your consultation. You’ll also be able to submit videos to share more detailed parts of your experience with your doctor, which may be very useful for patients who suffer from migraines caused by too much screen time and typing.
After you submit your consultation papers, a doctor will analyze them within a few hours, but no more than 48 hours, and contact you with a treatment plan recommendation. You’ll need around 20-30 minutes to complete your consultation once you’ve scheduled it.
Step 3: Begin treatment and adjust as needed
You may start on your route to migraine relief as soon as you receive your doctor’s treatment plan advice. You may anticipate your medicine to arrive within 3-5 business days if you choose to have it sent directly to you.
Your treatment will be delivered to you by Cove. Postage is cheap, costing only $3 for each item, and some recurring orders qualify for free shipping.
Specialized Migraine Doctors
Additionally, you get access to highly qualified, specialized migraine doctors. This means that you get a superior advantage over most other sufferers as the stats show that for every migraine sufferer, there’s only one doctor specializing in their treatment. Mind-blowing, right? And migraine treatment is a particularly tricky field to specialize in due to the complexities and the re-calibration requirements many patients require.
Do Cove treatments have any side effects?
Treatments supplied by Cove, whether or not they require a prescription, may have negative effects. Certain preventive drugs with the off-label benefit of migraine management may be more prominent in this regard.
Cove experts will discover safe therapies that are not contraindicated for you based on your symptoms, medical history, health conditions, and existing drugs during your initial consultation
Is Cove Migraine Right For You?
All of Cove’s specialists specialize in migraine therapies, so patients may be confident that they’re getting the best (and most up-to-date) migraine therapy available. Patients can communicate with doctors by phone, instant chat (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) within the site, and email.
Because the app’s messaging system is secure, you may feel safe exchanging information with your physicians and preserving health data within it. Over 20 migraine remedies are available at Cove, as well as guidance for migraine patients in need of:
- Lifestyle changes
- Preventative medications
- Acute medications
- Non-drug treatments
- Migraine pain relief
Doctors on the platform may also help patients schedule Botox® injection visits and even provide at-home alternatives to injections. This is perfect for those who are unable to attend a meeting due to schedule restrictions or COVID social distancing guidelines.
If you’re seeking such options, Cove is the place to go:
- Anti-CGRP medications
- Lifestyle changes
Is Cove Migraine Credible?
Cove is a subsidiary of Thirty Madison that exclusively recruits licensed and board-certified physicians. To be approved onto the platform, all doctors must have substantial expertise in treating migraines. All drugs supplied and distributed by Eagle Pharmacy, Cove’s pharmacy partner, are FDA-approved prescriptions.
Healthcare Conditions Treated by Cove Migraine
Migraines are treated by Cove, as you may have guessed. However, just because this online migraine expert cures migraines doesn’t imply they treat all of them. Each meeting begins with a consultation to assess the type of migraine the patient is experiencing — as well as the underlying cause of the disease.
Any costs you’ve paid will be returned if your doctor determines that your migraines can’t be managed through telemedicine and require in-person care.
What are the Most Common Types of Migraines Treated by Cove?
- Migraines in the basilar region.
- Migraines that last a long time (case-by-case basis).
- Cluster headaches (case-by-case basis)
- Types of migraines that aren’t as prevalent.
- Migraines caused by blood vessels.
Cove’s Preventative Migraine Treatments
Preventative migraine drugs are intended to keep migraines at bay. For people who suffer from migraines on a regular basis, these are drugs that must be used on a regular basis. When you do have an attack, this form of therapy can also assist to minimize its intensity of it.
People with severe or recurring migraines who don’t react well to acute medicines might consider this therapy option. Three different preventive drugs are provided at Cove.
Adrenaline binding to beta receptors is prevented using beta-blockers. When used as directed, these drugs can help you maintain a healthy heart rate and blood pressure. Migraine headaches are less frequent and less severe as a result of this.
Anticonvulsants are commonly used to treat diseases such as seizures. These help to calm down your brain’s overactive nerve cells, which can set off a chain of events that leads to a migraine.
Pricing: How Much Does Cove Migraine Cost?
- Amitriptyline (Generic Elavil)$20.00/Month
- Cambia (Diclofenac Potassium)$79.00/Month
- Eletriptan (Generic Relpax)$40.00/Month
- Metoclopramide (Generic Reglan)$10.00/Month
- Metoprolol (Generic Lopressor)$20.00/Month
- Naratriptan (Generic Amerge)$25.00/Month
- Nortriptyline (Generic Pamelor)$20.00/Month
- Nurtec ODT/Bottle
- Ondansetron (Generic Zofran)$20.00/Month
- Ondansetron ODT$20.00/Month
- Propranolol (Generic Inderal)$35.00/Month
- Rizatriptan (Generic Maxalt)$25.00/Month
- Rizatriptan ODT$30.00/Month
- Sumatriptan (Generic Imitrex)$25.00/Month
- Topiramate (Generic Topamax)$20.00/Month
- Zolmitriptan (Generic Zomig)$40.00/Month
- Zomig Nasal Spray$135.00/Month
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)$10.00/Month
- Online Doctor (Single Visit)$4.00/Visit